The mission is to provide Biblically-based, common sense education and empowerment which give HOPE to everyone from the financially secure to the financially distressed. Our vision is for thriving families that are following the Biblical principles of financial stewardship, be free from the bondage of debt, and pleasing God as they obediently manage the resources He has entrusted to them.
Asbury Financial Ministries operates on these Biblical Principles…
- God’s Ownership – We have been entrusted with what we have to manage effectively. “The earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains; the world, and those who dwell.” Psalm 24:1
- Saving Money – Saving money as a priority for emergencies, purchases, and long-term goals. “In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
- Living on Less than you Make – Learning to be content with what we have and developing a power over purchase. “Godliness actually is a means of great gain, when accompanied by contentment.” 1 Timothy 6:6-10
- Life after Debt – Having a plan to attack the debt systematically. “The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender.” Proverbs 22:7. Having an “on purpose” cash flow plan agreed on with spouse, if married, or accountability friend, if not. “For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it, lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, This man began to build and was not able to finish.” Luke 14:28-30
- Four Walls – Putting four walls around our basic living expenses first before attacking the debt snowball is a priority. (shelter, food, clothing, transportation) “If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.” 1 Timothy 5:8
- Giving – Controlling our money so that we can tithe to our church/charitable organization. “Test me in this (the tithe) says the Lord Almighty and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.” Malachi 3:106
This course is designed for you if…
You think or say to yourself, “I can’t afford this class”
You feel like your money has control over you
You struggle in your marriage due to finances.
You don’t really understand Real Estate & Mortgages, college planning, credit reports, bargain buying etc.
You do not understand stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or how to invest for retirement.
You live paycheck to paycheck.
You carry large credit card balances or have a consolidation loan.
You do not have an emergency fund.
Click here to register | Budgeting Form | Savings Allocation Form | Questions? Click here.
The Legacy Journey is an all-new, seven-week class that meets once a week for 2 hours. It incorporates small group discussions and interactive class activities to encourage accountability and discipleship. This brand-new course doesn’t replace Financial Peace University (FPU); it builds on the foundation for your money that FPU provides. This is the class for both FPU graduates and anyone who wants a biblical framework for dealing with money and wealth. You’ll learn practical how-tos on investing wisely, planning your estate, giving generously, and building generational wealth.
Click here to register.
Asbury offers coaching free of charge that provides hope for the financially secure and the financially distressed. Coaching is provided by Jon and Dorothy Bridges, certified counselors through Dave Ramsey’s organization, The Lampo Group.
Coaching typically consists of one two-hour session and follow-up sessions as needed. Individuals/couples provide financial information by way of the Pre-Session Coaching Forms. After reviewing the forms, the Bridges’ will contact the individual/couple to schedule the initial session. If married, both spouses must be involved in the process and attend the initial session.
Asbury’s financial coaching will benefit a wide range of individuals/couples; from those in a crisis situation to those with no debt. In every situation, we will assess where you are and develop a plan or make recommendations to your current plan that will ultimately result in your true financial peace.
If you are interested in receiving financial coaching, download and follow the instructions on the pre-coaching forms. If you have questions or want more information, email or phone the church at 256-837-0365.